Good Sustainable Living is essential because sustainable living is growing in popularity every day, with good reason. In simple terms, “sustainable living” refers to living a life where you take advantage of as few resources as possible and remain comfortable while doing so. This type of living a sustainable lifestyle that will benefits for future generations tremendously. Why? These individuals will generally have to deal with a lesser amount of environmental damage, overall.
Right now, people all over the world are using precious resources 25 percent faster than nature or other sources can replace them. This data comes from the World Wildlife Fund, a very reliable source. If this continues at the same rate, the world population will need a second planet by 2050 which is an extremely scary thought.
Good Sustainable Living Solutions
Sustainable communities are popping up all over the place, which is a very good sign that this way of living is working. Many of these communities are self-sufficient and designed in a way that residents can easily get from point a to point b… either by walking or utilizing some type of non-motorized vehicle such as a bicycle.
Sustainable building techniques, sometimes referred to as green building ideas, which are used in these communities. That are also should be green living ideas. They include things like:
- Using locally sourced materials, which cuts down on the cost of shipping.
- Utilizing energy-efficient appliances.
- Designing living spaces which take advantage of the sun’s powerful heat and light.
- Incorporating as many recycled and/or non-toxic materials as possible.
Popular energy sources for these homes are sustainable in nature. They include water power, wind power, solar power and geothermal energy. All of these sources are captured in a way that the surrounding environment remains undamaged.
As you can probably guess, these communities grow most of their own food organically. Absolutely no pesticides are used, as these can cause illness and damage the land. People who practice sustainable living are generally healthier, because of their dietary choices.
In addition, more and more of these communities are starting to recycle their own waste materials as well. A portion is eventually used as compost, which enhances the richness of garden soil and yields bigger crops.
Good Sustainable Living Tips
Consider taking advantage some of these good sustainable living tips, as you begin your journey down the road to sustainable living. They are all excellent examples of sustainable living about what it’s like to live the lifestyle.
- Make your own cleaning solution out of lemon juice, vinegar and warm water. It cleans almost anything and is completely safe.
- Plan menus based on what you already have. This cuts down on clutter, reduces packaging waste and saves money on your grocery bill. If you have a garden, take full advantage of it. Remember, you don’t have to eat meat every day of the week.
- Use rainwater to water plants.
- Place a brick in your toilet tank to reduce the amount of water necessary to flush.
- Purchase a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
- Dry clothes outside, on a clothesline.
- Use cloth grocery bags and reusable travel mugs.
- Say no to synthetic fragrances. Replace them with essential oils instead.
These are just a few examples of good, sustainable living options. There are many more on record. You don’t have to jump in head-first to make a difference. Many people practice this way of life on a small scale and are quite successful at it.
If this is something you’re interested in trying, there’s really no better time to jump in. You can apply this concept to virtually any part of your life, quite easily about good sustainable living. Chances are your days will be more enjoyable and stress-free. What could be better than that?
592 total views, 1 views today